Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Girlfriends


Girlfriends are an amazing thing.

When you form friendships, something magical happens.

It doesn’t matter how much time is spent apart, what direction life takes you, the friendships will remain.

Well … I believe this is the case for myself and my 3 closest girlfriends. The 4 of us have been friends for a very long time and over the past 4 years our friendship has become tighter.

Throughout this time we have supported each other through break-ups, home building, home buying, home renovating, child birth, family dramas, advice has been given, shopping is always at the forefront, countless bottles of wine have been drunk and plenty of cheese to accompany the wine has been consumed.

These girls know everything about me, they don’t judge me, they let me borrow their clothes and let me tell you we know how to have fun together.

These past few weeks with being heavily pregnant and emotions running high, I have been feeling a tad left out.

One of our other girlfriends is getting married this coming Saturday, which happens to be the same day as my sister’s wedding, so whilst the girls have all been together for the hens and other celebratory events, I haven’t been able to attend as they have clashed with my sisters events, there have been dinners etc shared where invites have not been extended to myself. I am sure these have been last minute plans and they know how tired I have been so they don’t think that I would want to take part and I wouldn’t know about these events if it weren’t for FB. One thing which I dislike about FB – logging on and seeing photos and places checked into by close friends whilst I sit on the couch feeling completely left out of the loop.

I know this all sounds completely silly but when you are feeling emotional at the best of times and it seems your friends are living their lives without you, me being me can become quite upset.

We ended up catching up last night for a ‘last supper’. It was so nice to catch up and just be the 4 of us. With my due date only being 10 days away, it meant so much to see my girls before my life changes forever. We shared a lovely meal and a sneaky glass of champas too.

I know they will always have my back and they are super excited about meeting my + 1 hopefully very soon.

2 comments:

  1. You brought tears to my eyes!!! We love you hunni! Please don't ever feel left out, your life is going to change, but for the better!! You will be busy being mum but we will ALWAYS make sure there is time for us somewhere! We are not 'sex and the city' without you! Xxxxx not long now gorgeous! Plus we are all going to go through this at some point! Don't ever forget how much we love you!! Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jayne, it's so hard when things are happening around you and to you, and you're so darn hormonal/emotional. And how unfortunate about the date clash.

    So glad you got in a 'last supper'.

    ReplyDelete