Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

6 Weeks New

It is currently 8:48pm. This time 6 weeks ago you were one hour new and I was breastfeeding you for the very first time. I was in complete awe of you, I couldn’t take my eyes off of you, we locked eyes and I was completely head over heels in love with you. It was such a surreal feeling to know that I had just endured the most incredible experience I would ever have in my life.

The joy that you have brought Mummy & Daddy in your first 6 weeks is endless. You have an amazing extended family who simply adores you; I believe you are one of the luckiest girls in this world to have 2 Grandma’s, 2 Grandpa’s, 6 Aunties, 6 Uncles and 14 cousins to share your life with you.

Your personality evolves each day, your smiles are getting bigger & bigger and recently you have found your voice, we love that you are trying to communicate with us. I dream about what you are thinking and what you are trying to say to us. I respond with an ‘I love you’.

Today you and I went to IKEA and we bought some presents for you and some of your friends. You had a really unsettled afternoon. You had a brilliant 2 hour sleep this morning, then you slept in the car and all around IKEA, when we got home you fed, fed and fed and refused any sort of nap. You finally slept on my chest for 30 mins at 5pm which led me to snooze also. We ended up going with Daddy & Dakota for a walk down to the river and you thankfully slept in the pram for the entire thing. We got home and Daddy fed you a bottle and put you down to sleep, after one re-settle you are now sleeping soundly with your hands above your head, just the way you like it.

Mummy wouldn’t have minded the lack of afternoon sleeps as at the end of the day you had slept quite a bit, but you were really grizzly, normally if you are awake for a long time, you are super content. I didn’t know what was wrong and nothing I could do would make you smile. I get so upset when you’re not calm and happy.

You love tummy time on Daddy’s chest …

Lying against Mummy’s bended legs is super comfy and you have such a fun time, constantly looking at me and around you and cracking smiles at every chance you get …

Daddy puts you on a pillow on the lounge and you look so squishy lying in the fluffiness of the pillow, you often fall asleep here …

Dakota loves you and wants to protect you, whenever she comes inside, if you have gone to bed she sniffs your capsule, your bouncer & your playmat searching for you, she then walks down towards the bedroom desperately wanting to see you and to lick your feet …

You are such a good sleeper at night time; I thank you for this …

You love cuddle time with Grandma, you fell asleep on her for over 2 hours on Australia Day, Grandma loved every minute of it …

Your lips, oh your lips, super squishy …

Mummy & Daddy love everything about you and we thank you for making our lives so much brighter and happier. xxx

1 comment:

  1. How adorable Jayne. Love that Dakota just adores her. xo

    ReplyDelete