Pages

Friday 22 June 2012

6 Months New !


I am in awe each and every day that you are in fact mine. You are my little girl, my very own baby and I am your Mummy, still 6 months later this is completely surreal to me.




I get to look at you and admire you, I get to experience your smiles each hour of every day, I get to cuddle you as many times as I like and I never have to hand you back.

I love that.


A few milestones have been:

You made your first attempt at a front to back roll on the 21st March. Daddy and I were so excited. You used to be really lazy with tummy time and all of a sudden your left leg was lifting from your mat and you were trying so hard.

It only took you a week and a half to fully master this.

The day you rolled from your back to your tummy was super exciting, as soon as you knew how to do it; it was an automatic move as soon as we placed you down. You kick your little legs like crazy each time you’re on your tummy.

A week prior to your 5 month birthday you started grabbing your feet.

You sat up for the first time on the 25th May … you were 5 months and 6 days new. We were in the front garden; I think the squishiness of the grass helped.



You went on the swings for the first time on the 28th May. It was a Monday and we went for a stroll to the river with Daddy and Dakota and I sat you on my lap. I sat back and took it all in, the view, the peace and the fact that one of my childhood loves was now being shared with my very own little girl.

You were super amazing when we started solids, we started with carrot which you loved, Mummy on the other hand not so much as it was super difficult to get out of your clothes. We had to give a bag full of them to Grandma and of course she managed to get them clean again.

Your newest trick is to blow raspberries each time the spoon gets anywhere near your mouth. I have been spat on numerous times.

You went through a phase of fake coughing, you still make the strangest noises, I am forever worrying that you are going to hurt your throat.

Your awesome sleeping hasn’t quite continued. Each night is pot luck, some mornings you wake at 6, other mornings we get your old trick of 7:30 (this has become rare), it seems to be the norm lately to have a 5am wake up, so it’s a feed then straight back to bed for you and me. It’s the 1am, 3am and other ridiculous hours that I can’t handle.

You are attending your first birthday party tomorrow for your little mate Zane, Mummy already has the outfit planned and laid out.

Yep, your Mum is a little crazy like that.



The past 6 months have gone by super-fast, everyone said they would.


You have grown in leaps and bounds over the past three months. Your personality continues to evolve and both Daddy and I fall more in love with you each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment