Pages

Thursday 24 November 2011

Bushfires - DEVASTATION !

As I am sure you have all seen on the news, the beautiful picturesque coastal WA town of Margaret River has been struck with devastation over the past few days. Fires have ripped through and destroyed not only a community, but a favourite holiday destination for so many.

30+ homes have been lost.

My cousin, his wife and children live in the area and are one of the lucky few who have not lost their home. This is their backyard; it came within a metre of their trampoline.


This is the home across the road from them!


My brother is a fireman and also lives in the South West of WA, fortunately approx. 20 mins away from the town of Margaret River, however was one of the firemen requested to assist with the containment yesterday. I always have concern when I know he is helping fight such a large fire but also proud.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those that have been affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment