Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2011

First Foodie Blog ...


My first blog entry dedicated to food – such a surprise too as I LOVE food !!

Monday night I made a meal which has become one of our favourites. It isn’t something I created off my own back, so I wont try and gain all of the credit. I tweaked a Donna Hay recipe slightly – isn’t Donna Hay simply amazing?!

Basil Pesto, Capsicum, Mushroom & Fetta Tart.

Ingredients
Puff Pastry
Red capsicum
Mushrooms
Thyme
Fetta
Basil Pesto

Start with two sheets of puff pastry – layer them and cut them in half. Obviously you could cut them in half again if you wish them to be smaller.

Score a 1.5cm border without cutting all the way through – place these in the oven to half cook.


Fry the capsicum and mushroom and add a decent amount of thyme (I use the tubes of squeezy herbs rather than fresh).

Spread some basil pesto onto the half cooked puff pastry leaving the border without any.


Top this with your capsicum and mushroom mix. Crumble some fetta on top and place back into the oven to further cook the pastry. Serve with salad and you have a beautiful meal.



YUMMO!!!

Today I went to cut up some strawberries for a post lunch snack when I thought ‘how good would these be in a smoothie?!’

I did a quick google search and made the following …

Strawberry Smoothie.

Ingredients
8 strawberries
½ cup skim milk
½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
2 x tbls soft brown sugar
1 x tsp vanilla essence
6 x cubes ice

In a blender, combine strawberries, milk, yoghurt, sugar and vanilla. Add the ice. Blend until smooth and creamy.



This was so quick and easy and absolute delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment